1. What a nice day this has started to be! We do not have o go anywhere until later this afternoon so there is no pressure to hurry! Translation . . . Marti can troll around the internet and waste lots of time!
2. I'm starting to really look forward to those regular bouts of attitude from my nine-year-old. It translates so wonderfully into a clean home! The schoolroom is back in order this morning and I see a dusted dinning room in my future. Just a prediction . . .
3. My baby Tony is a DOLL! He is crawling everywhere and chewing on EVERYTHING! So cute! And his big brother Wilson is pretty darned cute, too! I haven't bathed that baby in weeks! Not because I am a neglectful mother, but because Wilson has taken on this bi-weekly responsibility! He is so sweet! He loves to do it, and Tony is happy to be with him! In a house with six kids, bathing that baby is too easily forgotten, sad to say. But not anymore!
4. I think I'm gonna visit that hottub in my backyard tonight. The temperature outside will be in the mid-50's which means PERFECT! It is such a treat to have. Anyone want to join me? All are welcome!
5. I have witnessed all five of my boys reading a book BY CHOICE this week! I handed Wilson a copy of Maniac Magee yesterday and he hasn't put it down! He is loving it! And the others have been spotted with various picture books throughout the week. It does this mother's heart good to see this. Maybe I am doing SOMETHING right as there teacher!
6. I am going on my first bike ride of the season tomorrow! Soooo excited about this! I love riding my bike. It makes me feel like a kid again! I'm a little nervous, though. It is going to be mighty cool in the a.m., around 40 degrees. I think I need to find my gloves! And my helmet. Is there air in the tires? Oh dear . . .
7. I have been a bad girl in regards to meal planning in the last two months. It was such a glorious thing to do. We have gotten so busy lately that we are back to pb&j at 8:30 again. I am determined to get back to it! Now, what did I do with that mealplanning template that Emily gave me? I know it is around here SOMEWHERE!
Have a great weekend, everyone!

I know, aren't slow days glorious.
ReplyDeleteYes, you are doing things right as the teacher. We are just always so hard on ourselves.
I saw that you had a great time on the bike ride, YIPPEE!!
Rats, I missed the hot tub party. Did ABM come? Wouldn't that be a treat.
That would be a hoot and a half!
ReplyDeleteUmmm...you don't want to see me in a swimsuit. Ooooooh, that's what you meant when you said it would be a hoot and a half!! Teehee...
ReplyDelete